Where Jenny Went: First WI meeting!



HELLOOOOO!

Gosh I just can not catch up at the moment, I do apologise. I get such bloggers guilt when I don't post everyday, which is silly right? this is my blog after all, I should make the rules! haha anyone else ever feel like that?

Right, anyhow... As I half mentioned in my last post, I have been involved (rather a late tagger on to all the fun actually!) in creating a new Women's Institue in Cambridge, and I just could not be more pleased or excited to share this news with you.

Our first open meeting was Wednesday night and wow! What a turn out! If you are reading this and came along on the night, thank you so much for showing your support, we were so overwhelmed and happy!


We started the night off with a talk from a NFWI sponsor, who told us all about the history of the WI, and what we could expect as members and how the membership works etc. If you would like to know more, here are some useful links: The NFWI website and the history of the WI.

(of course the cake supply was massive!!)


If you are a Cambridgeshire blogger and would like to know more, you can find us on Facebook and Twitter.

Or pop along to our next open meeting on the 5th September at the Friends Meeting House, on Jesus Lane.



PS. Take a look at Claireabellemakes, a fellow Cambridge City WI organiser!

5 comments:

  1. What a great evening we had! Love your pics (especially the cake one). Thanks for the shout out too :-)

    Looking forward to the September meeting!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you for a great evening. I am trying to drum up more support (not that you need it!) I love the initial response to WI which soon changes as I explain! Keep up the great work and I am looking forward to September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun, met so many lovely ladies and am so impressed with this ladies... cannot wait for it to all kick off once and for all. Count me in! Miss Sue Flay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. September feels too long to wait! Thanks for writing such a lovely piece and the pictures are beautiful.
    I love the one of the table with our logo and pens etc.
    See you soon!
    N

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks brilliant...I admit its mostly the table full of cake that first caught my eye! wish I didn't live so far away, I'd love this sort of thing!
    Kaz x
    sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete