Makes and bakes: Cookie Dough Icing!


Morning Folks!

So last Friday you may, or may not, recall I posted this picture to my Friday Finds:


And swore to try it over the weekend.
Well, tried them and SCOFFED THEM! - I sure did!


and now you can too! 

You will need:
4oz marg
4oz caster sugar
4oz SR flour
1 medium egg, beaten
1-2 tsp vanilla extract
choc chips (optional and as many as you like!)

For the cookie dough icing:
8oz all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
6oz marg
7oz light brown sugar (I used dark for mine as I didn't have light, I think light would look nicer)
3.5oz white sugar
2tsp vanilla extract
4tbsp milk


Pre-heat over to 180 degrees. Line your cake or muffin tin with liners (I like to use my muffin tin for all the cupcakes I do!).

In a bowl, cream together the marg and sugar until light and fluffy.

Sift in your flour, and add your beaten egg. Mix well until you have a smooth cake batter. Add in vanilla and choc chips if you're using them.

Place in the oven for 20-25 mins, until they are bouncey on top and a cake tester comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool.

NOW for the cookie dough icing!!

You can use any cookie dough recipe for this, just remember to take out the eggs and add ins like choc chips etc. heres the recipe I used:

Cream together the marg and sugars, sift in the flour, add the salt and vanilla and then lastly the milk. You can afford to be a bit slap dash with cookie dough, and its not being baked, so the order of the ingredients is not as important. I did my milk a tablespoon at a time though, and ended up putting maybe an extra one tablespoon in again until I got a smooth, but still quite thick batter that could be piped. Cookie dough is usually a pretty tough batter anyway, so keep adding a little milk until its the thickness you like, and resembles a thickish icing. You do not want it runny at all.

Once you're happy - pipe it or dollop it on top!! I had loads left over once I'd filled my piping bag, so using my favouritest invention ever - my cupcake corer! I scooped out the middles of my cakes and added a teaspoons worth to the insides too, because you can never have enough cookie dough in one cake apparently! ;D

I will absolutely be making these again soon, they were scrummy and I still had tons of cookie dough left to munch on for the rest of the day - bonus!




Have a nice day guys!



   

5 comments:

  1. nom nom, these look well yummy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YES PLEASE! Sorry for shouting, but these look amazingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ok, I'll make them for tomorrow then ;D (only cause that means I get to spend the afternoon eating cookie dough again!!)

      Delete
  3. erm yes! sounds scrummy will have to try it sometime, but maybe AFTER that wedding you were talking about! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for treating us to them at the craftparty :-) they were so good!

    ReplyDelete