What Jenny did: A little update....

Hey Hey!

Yup, I'm still here folks! I may not be posting much this week, but rest assured I am sat just behind the screen.... Ok that sounds creepy, right!? haha

I am busying away with blog designs, WI planning, baking (of course...) and wedding planning. I do so love a full plate - no matter how much I say I need less to do.

This week while I was blog browsing I came across a really interesting article on Afternoon Pity Party, about the death of 'Where the Wild Things Are' writer/illustrator Maurice Sendak. Elisabeth had included this quote in her post:

“Once a little boy sent me a charming card with a little drawing on it. I loved it. I answer all my children’s letters — sometimes very hastily — but this one I lingered over. I sent him a card and I drew a picture of a Wild Thing on it. I wrote, 'Dear Jim: I loved your card.' Then I got a letter back from his mother and she said, 'Jim loved your card so much he ate it.' That to me was one of the highest compliments I’ve ever received. He didn’t care that it was an original Maurice Sendak drawing or anything. He saw it, he loved it, he ate it.” 

(Maurice Sendak, in a interview with Terry Gross via Afternoon Pity Party)

As I mentioned, I have been busy with new designs this week... sometime I can sit in front of my computer all day and have either too many half formed ideas or no ideas at all - both of which result in frustration and no progress in the slightest. Well, this is what happened to me yesterday. However this morning, after a very good nights sleep (I am not a great sleeper) I had an idea and wacked it together in about half an hour before I had to leave for work, and I was so darn pleased with it I just wanted to burst!! And again this little quote popped back in to my head, and just then I totally got why the little boy ate the card.

Do you ever get that feeling, where you just love something so much, or are so proud of something you achieved you just want to crush it to smithereens? yeah you do! what a super feeling right! ;D

Hope everyones having a lovely week so far!



5 comments:

  1. One of my favorite quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool quote :)

    I often feel like this about my little boy. Like i love him so much i just want to squeeeeeeeeeeeeeze him. I wouldn't, obviously. But i think it's kind of a similar thing. Maybe?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No laura I think it really is the same thing! :D and Im sure you never would, well not toooo tightly ;)

      Jenny xo

      Delete
  3. Never heard that quote before, I love it, so cute! Totally get what you mean, aw! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. No - I have never heard that quote before but it is quite amazing and will stay with me! Thanks for the share :)

    ReplyDelete