What Jenny Did: Lampshade Event!

Hi Folks!

Oh what have I been up to now...

;D

On Monday and Tuesday this week I was very lucky enough to run an event through work (the very lovely Cambridge Cath Kidston!), showing people how to make a lampshade! Fun!! I was a little nervous, as I am not an expert lampshade maker - oh no no no! But as it turns out lampshades are surprisingly easy to make it seems, and I think I did ok! Phew!

Heres some of the photos I took from both evenings:-





Of course there were plenty of nibbles - I did my usual and totally over baked for the event!
(You can find recipes here for my Vanilla Cupcakes and Lemon Muffins!)



Easy when you know how ;D






You can find posts about other craft events I have done here, here and here.

We made the lampshades using a pack which you can find from Hunkydory Home. The packs are great and come with everything you need and really clear instructions (I added in my own touch by making a nicer folded seam on all of ours though).

I love doing these events, they really are such a joy to do and I get to meet and mingle with lots of crafty ladies! keep your eyes peeled at the Cath Kidston Twitter, Facebook and website for updates on future events!



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, was sad you couldn't make it. Maybe we can do our own for a craft night some time hehe ;D

      Jenny xo

      Delete
  2. This is so adorable! I love it. You're so creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look brilliant - great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love these! What a great event you creative genius you!
    Jo :-) x
    adventuresandteaparties.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on twitter, lucky duck!! I hope you got to keep one too ;) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete